Saturday, February 10, 2007

Waseda? Nope!

Top_image_1I attended a seminar on Japanese Education by JASSO yesterday because I’m planning to study a postgraduate degree either in Japan or Singapore. Of course, Waseda was on my list because of Miori it had the graduate school I was looking for. Unfortunately, the female JASSO panelist could only talk about the University of Tokyo since she studied there. She mentioned, though, that Waseda is one of the top private universities in Japan with 2,190 foreign students as of last year. She also gave the requirements and costs of studying in Japan which includes a high degree of Japanese language proficiency plus enough cash to start a small bank. Unfortunately again, there are only 3 slots available for MEXT Scholarships for Singaporeans and my nihongo is still awful It looks like I’ll have to pursue that degree in NUS instead (or maybe just study more Nihonggo)

No comments:

Post a Comment